Monday, August 2, 2010

A Beautiful Garden

Tonight I was looking through my journal that I wrote in for Texas and India. I was reading through about what happened at comissioning night (the night we are sent out as missionaries).
God reminded me of a prayer that one of the leaders prayed over me. He said "God you have been planting so many seeds inside Melissa. You have been doing so much with her this past year. All these seeds that You have planted will turn into beautiful flowers. When they finally bloom Lord, everyone will behold your glory and say "Look at what God has done! Look at how beautiful God has made Melissa".
This prayer reminded me that God is continually working on me.. I am in some sense His garden and He will plant, grow, weed, cultivate, and water as He so pleases. My job is to allow God to work, to be obedient to Him, and to rid of myself daily while serving others. If I do this His word says "... the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail" Isaiah 58:11. I get Living Water every day to water the garden of my spirit allowing me to prosper and remain full.
How amazing is it I am all for the Lord and He enjoys working on me and spending time with me! He is building me into the image of His Son (Romans 8:29). And that day when Jesus returns or calls me home, I can be beautifully adorned for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment